Valispace Live is a regular series of webinars that aims to educate about best practices in complex engineering projects whilst offering insights into modern techniques of hardware development.
Every month, the Valispace team presents on different topics from the world of engineering, utilizing learned experience and leveraging the knowledge gained from solving the many Valispace customers challenges in industries such as aerospace, logistics, automotive and beyond.
Valispace Live 1: How to do Requirements Engineering
In the first of the Valispace Live series we take a deep dive into requirements engineering. In part 1, Valispace CEO Marco Witzmann gives a general overview of how to do proper requirements engineering and in part 2 you’ll see how this is done practically in a digital tool like Valispace.
Part 1: How to do efficient requirements engineering
- 1:24 – Why break down requirements?
- 5:51 – Start with customer requirements
- 7:08 – Break down into technical and non technical requirements
- 10:49 – Break down the product into subsystems
- 15:50 – Distribute shared properties across subsystems
- 17:44 – Deal well with hardware/software interactions
- 20:22 – Trace external requirement standards & regulations
- 23:12 – Trace Failure modes
- 31:15 – Q&A
Part 2: Requirements engineering in Valispace
- 00:01 – Head of customer success, Cauê Napier, gives context of Valispace
- 03:35 – Outlining customer specifications in Valispace
- 10:10 – Breaking down requirements
- 19:09 – Software architecture in Valispace
- 24:03 – Using the requirements connection graph
- 28:00 – Components & calculations
- 32:00 – Verification methods and testing
- 34:20 – Analysis module
- 36:15 – Q&A
To learn more about requirements engineering, take a look at the Data Driven Systems Engineering (DDSE) handbook here.
To view and register for upcoming Valispace Live webinars, visit https://www.valispace.com/research-webinars/